Braids have been trending recently so I decided to hook you all up with a cool way to curl your braids. There are many methods of curling your natural 4C,4B and 4A hair. Some involve heat while others require water and an overnight set.
Today I’m going to show you how simple it is to curl your hair extensions and braids. This tutorial will surely save you a trip to the hairdresser and also put some extra cash back in your pockets. I will also show you guys another method without using heat in another video, however this method is done using heat.
What you will need
- 1 deep bowl, mug, or cup with a handle
- White Jerry curl perm rods
- 1-2 dry towels
- A pot of hot water (n.b) it does not have to be boiling hot
- 1 assistant to help you dip the back of your hair
Lets get started
- Using your perm rods of your desired size, wrap about 6 to 10 strands starting from the middle of your braid all the way to the end.
- You must secure the ends of the rods and make sure the braids are wrapped tightly.
- When you are finished wrapping all the braids around the rods, Pour your hot water into a cup, mug or bowl with a handle.
- Also get your towel close to you as this is what will be used to dry your braid.
- Dip the braid into the hot water and leave it for a few seconds (about 10 to 20 sec)
- Then take the braid out of the hot water and drop it on your towel.
- You must squeeze out the excess water using your towel.
- When finished dipping all the braids you could either blow dry the hair or take the curling rods out.
- Add hair polish and sheen spray to the hair. Please see the related video tutorial below and tag us if you recreate this look on instagram page.