Have you ever wanted to learn how to make coconut oil at home? Then this post is for you.
We have compiled a simple easy to follow video tutorial on how to make coconut oil.
Hope you enjoy.
Instructions and benefits of Coconut oil are listed below
1. Coconut oil stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles.
2. Coconut oil promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff.
3. Coconut oil moisturizes dry hair.
4. Coconut oil adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.
5. Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.
6. Coconut oil slows down hair loss.
1. Crack your coconuts and take the fruit out of the shell
2. Cut the fruit into small pieces, enough to fit into your juicer or blender.
3. Juice or blend fruit. n.b “if blending add water”
4. If juicing pour the coconut milk to a pot and let it boil on a low heat
5. If blending separate pulp from the liquid then pour milk into a clear plastic bag and leave for 12 to 24 hours to separate
6. Cut a hole into the bottom of the plastic bag and allow the water to drain out.
7. When you get to the milk part, pour it into a heavy bottom pot on low heat.
8. Allow to boil until until the oil starts to separate from the milk kernel
9. Boil until there is no liquid and only oil left
10. Remove from pot when satisfied with your oil colour
N.B Do not allow the oil to get to brown it will smell burnt