Before Sacha Buttercup became the best selling setting powder on Amazon.com there was their amazing cream to powder foundation, which is the first Sacha product I ever used. But this review is about the Sacha cream foundation which I have been using for the past two (2) years.
If you have combination normal to oily skin like me yet prefer to use cream based foundation then this review is all about you. You must apply primer to get your face matte before applying this foundation. If you don’t you will look like “soggy oily fries” after a while lol. Although it is advised to use liquid based foundations with my skin type I prefer the coverage I get with this foundation.
Once you are in a cool place with AC or you live in a place where the atmosphere is mostly cool weather, then you have nothing to worry about. However if you live in a tropical place or you are out sweating and you sweat in the face I have a little trick/hack I use to keep my face looking fine. I always walk around with a powder brush and some regular press face powder in my purse. Whenever you start to sweat in your face or you notice your skin getting a bit oily, pull out your brush and start patting that powder into your face. If this method does not work for you then you should use a liquid based foundation. I am only oily on my nose and a little on my forehead that’s why I could still use cream based foundations. However if you are a bit more oily than me the your best bet is a good liquid foundation.
Example of how long Sacha Cream Foundation lasts in Hot Tropical Weather/Hot Sun
Carnival in the Caribbean is not like carnival in other regions due the the intense tropical weather experienced during this time. Caribbean carnival is usually in the dry season and temperatures literally sore around that time. This year during Trinidad and Tobago carnival there was both rainy weather and hot sun. I wore the Sacha cream foundation along with other Sacha face products and it withstood the weather. In the image on the left you will see an image with two shots. The one with the white backround was shot before I left home and the other is after 6 hours in the hot sun and rain at Trinidad and Tobago carnival Tuesday 2017 . As you can see, the foundation held up nicely however I did have to touch up using rice powder to maintain my look. If you wipe your face while sweating it will come off so be sure to pat the powder into face until the oil and sweat it sucked up.
Before switching to Sacha I had been using drug store brands all my life, but when I stumbled across this brand at my local beauty supply store I was amazed by the results. When the store attendant applied the Sacha Cream Foundation in the shade Perfect Bronze onto my face I was blown away by how beautifully it blended into my skin. I looked flawless so I had to buy it and it has worked like a charm ever since.
Sacha Cream Foundation Facts/ Pros
(Disclamer) These facts are based on my experience with this product
- You get Medium coverage with this foundation
- It can also be uses as a highlight and contour
- Very creamy formula
- Applies well
- Blends well
- Applies well using “beauty blender and sponge, if using a brush make sure it is damped for even distribution.”
- Lasts for hours “But if you are sweating and you wipe instead of patting as with other foundations it will come off.”
- Beautiful yellow undertone which works great for brown and some dark skin tones.
- Good quality product at an affordable price.
- Suitable for combination to normal skin
- Wide range of shades to choose from
Sacha Foundation Facts/Cons
- If you have oily skin yet you use the cream foundation you must walk with a powder brush and powder to tap on your face if you find yourself becoming oily.
- Not suitable for oily skin, ” must be used with a skin mattifier if you have oily skin
Sacha Foundation Facts/Precautions
- Do a skin patch test to make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in the product before you use it.
- Consult a dermatologist if skin irritation develops while using this product
In conclusion this is a good medium coverage foundation and I would recommend that you choose the one suited for your skin type whether you have dry, oily, normal or combination skin. What is your favorite medium coverage foundation and why. Also drop a comment letting me know what is your favorite Sacha Cosmetics product.
Check out this vid of my makeup using Sacha cream foundation?
Share and Enjoy !